Electrical Fire Restoration

Due to the Electrical Safety Foundation International, an average of 51,000 homes are estimated to have electrical fires in America alone every year. These fires end up costing approximately $1.3 billion of property damage.

For more information about smoke and soot damage, odors, or other water damage issues, contact Reliable Water Restoration. We’ve been in the industry for over 20 years and we’re experts at restoring any property that has suffered from a fire.

Read more: Kitchen Fire Restoration

What to Know About Electrical Fires

Electrical fires are the most common type of fire at home. People know to avoid plugging their power outlet with too many devices, but they may not know that risks can also come from other areas of wiring.

Common Causes for Electrical Fires Include:

  • Old Wiring – The average electrical system is good for about 30-40 years. If your system is older, it is important to get it inspected. Older homes have old wiring that doesn’t always comply with the National Electrical Code. This could present fire risks in your home
  • Faulty Outlets – Many home fires are caused when old appliances are plugged into faulty outlets. The electrical system may not be able to handle the power demand, and the outlet will blow out as a result.
  • Extension Cords – Extension cords are meant to make things easier. However, like anything else, they can be misused. If you often use extension cords for your devices, you might be overloading your circuits and increasing the chance for an electric fire to happen.
  • Light Fixtures – Lighting fixtures are one of the most common reasons for electrical fires, with people often using too much wattage for their light-fixture. This leads to overheating and molten PVC cables which lead to a fire.
Read more: Smoke Damage Cleanup & Soot Removal

We’re Here for You

Dealing with an electrical fire can be dangerous and frustrating. If your property is suffering from serious fire and smoke damage, call our professionals today. We’ll help you clean up as quickly as possible!

Our professional and friendly staff work quickly and efficiently to give your home or business a fresh new look.

Service locations page